Position: Trainee Patent & Trade Mark Attorney
Location: Twyford, Berkshire
Starting salary: £24,000
Start Date: Autumn 2022
A rare opportunity to train and acquire expertise across the whole range of intellectual property practice in the private sector. We are a small firm and consciously avoid rigid divisions between disciplines. The successful candidate will therefore gain valuable experience in patent, trade mark and registered design work. We also involve our trainees in several of the more administrative functions of the firm, in order to produce a rounded professional.
Bromhead Johnson LLP is a historic IP law practice of more than 175 years of existence with extensive experience in Patents, Trade Marks and Designs in relation to contentious and non-contentious matters. In 2020, Bromhead Johnson LLP has opened a French branch in Toulouse to provide continuity of service to our clients in relation to EU-wide intellectual property rights.
- Drafting of patent documents for review by Partners
- Constructing technical arguments with a view to prosecuting/enforcing patents
- Drafting arguments and gathering evidence of use for trade mark oppositions/cancellations
- Dealing with client queries in a professional and timely way
- Supporting Partners as needed and ensuring that legal deadlines are met
- Progressing through UK and European Patent and UK Trade Mark Attorney Qualification exams alongside work
Qualifications: The successful candidate will possess a STEM degree (ideally Electronics, Engineering or Physics). No prior experience is required.
Closing Date: 15 September 2022
E-mail CV to Marine Body (email@example.com)